Dermatitis is the inflammation of the skin and can include conditions such as psoriasis, skin cancer, and seborrhea. A dermatitis rash is red and itchy and can vary based on the condition and cause. There are many types of dermatitis, which are listed out below:
- Stasis dermatitis: This type typically occurs on the lower legs and ankles. People with venous insufficiency often experience this form of dermatitis.
- Diaper dermatitis: Often seen in infants and babies, this type is caused by the irritation of extended contact with wet diapers.
- Dyshidrotic dermatitis: This form causes redness, scaling, and blisters on the hands or feet.
- Nummular dermatitis: Those who experience nummular dermatitis will see coin-shaped dry patches anywhere on their skin.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: This type affects hair-growing areas, such as the scalp, neck, and upper chest. Those affected will experience greasy yellow scales that are similar to dandruff.
- Autosensitization dermatitis: This is caused by an intense inflammatory process on the body, such as a fungal infection, and results in an itchy rash.
- Lichen simplex chronicus: This form of dermatitis is a rash caused by consistent scratching on an area, resulting in thicker skin.
If you are experiencing any form of dermatitis, contact our specialists for advanced dermatology in Colorado. At Colorado Skin Care, we offer exceptional dermatology services to those of all ages looking to find relief and beauty in their skin.